Google Drive is an online storage solution for long time storage of electronic files. It allows users to store and access their files via the cloud. It is also regarded as a synchronization service where users can also share electronic or digital files with other users. This service was created and launched by Google in early 2012.
It is a platform where users can access their files at any time without carrying their storage devices around. Files on Google drive can be accessed at any time either via mobile device or PC. Users can store files such as Video, Audio, Documents, Pictures, and Software.
Regardless of what file type you are having on your PC just drag and drop your file and get them backed up. In addition, you can also share your files with other users from this platform. Ultimately, this is a secure place for all your electronic files that gives you free access to them at any time.
Why Use Google Drive?
Google Drive is one of the best free online storage service providers. This platform is available for both personal use and business use. You should know that there are a lot of benefits that come with Google Drive.
With this tool, you can easily store, share and access your files from any device you are syncing to your account. The business account is also known as the enterprise account. This tool stores almost any file ranging from photos, stories, designs, drawings, recordings, videos, and many more. Just by creating a Google account, you would have access to the free google drive.
In addition, there is a sync feature that allows you to easily access your file from any Dell fix. After accessing the file, you can also download the file for offline usage on that particular device.
Your files can be synced from any tablet, smartphone, or computer. GoogleDrive also stores your browsing data to be restored whenever you decide to log in to Chrome. Basically, wherever you go, your files will follow you.
How to Download Google Drive Mobile App
Going further, this tool can be downloaded from the mobile store on your device. This store can be the Google app store, the app store, or any other mobile store you have installed on your device. To download the G drive on your device, follow the steps below;
- Open the mobile store on your device by finding that app icon and clicking it.
- Load the application, find the search bar, and click it.
- On the search bar, type in “GoogleDrive “.
- A list of all related apps would be displayed for you.
- Click the app icon with a triangular blue, green, and red color.
- When the app page loads, find the Download or Install button and click on it.
After downloading, the app will automatically install into your device.
How to Create a Google Drive Account
As a user in other to access this service, you need to create an account in Other to gain full access to this service. Creating an account is fast and easy you don’t need to pay any fee in other to create an account. Follow the below steps to create an account.
- Launch any web browser and enter the URL as www.google.com/drive/ in the address bar.
- On the home page click on the Go to Google Drive icon to access the signup page.
- If you already have a Gmail account you don’t need to sign up for a GoogleDrive account you can log in using your Gmail account. Otherwise, click on Create Account button to create a new account.
- Complete the registration form by entering all necessary information. Such as name username, password, Gender Birthday information.
- When you are through, hit “Next”.
- You will have to confirm your identity. To do this, enter your mobile number to get a verification code.
After verifying your account, your Google account is good to go.
Google Drive Login
This is the page where existing users can enter their account information in other to access your account. You need to login into your account so that you can make full use of this service. Once you have a login to your Gmail account you are automatically logged in to Google Drive.
Login on Mobile
- Launch the googledrive by clicking the app icon.
- After the app launches, you will have to sign in with your account. To sign in, enter your Gmail address and password.
- Hit “Sign in” after entering the required details.
- Launch any web browser and enter the URL in the URL bar as https://www.google.com/drive/
- Click on go to Google Drive icon in other to access the login page.
- Enter your login information such as Email and password and click on sign in.
Now that you have successfully signed in to your account you can now gain full access to all your backup files on Google driver.
How to View and Open Files On Google Drive
After you have successfully login to your account, the number one thing you’d want to do is to browse through your files. Google gives all of its users 15GB of storage space which is shared across Google Drive and other Google services. Follow the guidelines below to open and view files on your Google Drive account.
- Visit the Google Drive website.
- Login to your account if prompted.
- Then you will see all your files displayed.
- Once you see the file you want to view, click on it twice to open it.
On Google Drive, you can view PDFs, audio files, videos, Microsoft Office files, and photos. Files like audio, video, PDFs, and Microsoft Office files will open in Google Drive but files like Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets will open with the app.
GoogleDrive Storage Download Folder
The Google Drive download folder is accessible only if you have a Google account. To be able to access the download folder, you must install the application on your device. After installation, a new folder would appear on your device storage. Whatever you put into that folder will automatically sync to your account. This will be the account you sign in to google drive.