Does Instagram have a dark mode? The answer is yes. The Instagram dark mode is a new feature released by Instagram. The feature is available for both iOS and Android app users across the globe in 2019. This feature is a night mode for users that helps in conserving power by saving the battery’s life.
In addition, it’s also a medium for reducing eye strain. With dark mode at night, you can manage the full brightness of your screen. However, your device may experience some limitations if you are yet to update it to the latest system version.
Furthermore, this gives users the opportunity to view the features on the platform such as the story view, message, and images. It comes in the form of a theme that places an adjustment in the display and brightness of the screen of your device.
However, the interesting thing about Instagram’s dark mode is that when it is activated on your device settings, you may see the dark mode activated on other apps on social media. More so, you need the latest Instagram App to get this done on your device. In this article, I will show you how to set up and use dark mode for iPhone users and Android users.
Turn on Night Mode on Andriod
Accessing the Instagram dark mode features on your Android phone is simple, although it might be complicated when you have not upgraded the Android OS of your device to at least Android 10. The following steps show you how to turn on your dark mode.
How to Turn On Dark Mode On Instagram
The steps below will help you to turn on dark mode on your IG account. Follow them as stated;
- Firstly, go to Settings on your device.
- A page pops up, Tap on Display. Then, click on Dark from your device’s Theme menu.
- For the Battery Dark mode, go to Settings. Click on Battery > Battery Saver.
- Then, open up the Instagram App
- Dark Mode becomes automatically activated when you turned it on your phone settings.
If you follow the step-by-step guide above, you will be able to change your IG account to dark mode. The next step will guide you through switching to dark mode on IG using an iOS device.
Turn on Instagram Dark Mode on iOS.
iPhone owners must have downloaded the latest version of the Instagram App on their devices. Meanwhile, they must update their device operating system to iOS 13. Here are the following steps that give you an insight into the dark mode.
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Scroll down and click on Display & Brightness
- Then, click on dark mode and your iPhone will turn into dark mode.
- Then, click on the automatic option. The automatic switch (on/off) changes the mode during daytime and nighttime.
- Now, open up the Instagram App and dark mode will be activated.
In conclusion, this gives all users another dimension of having a better experience on the Instagram platform. Now that you’ve turned the Instagram dark mode or night mode, you can decide to switch it back. Whenever you want to switch back to light mode, use the same process used in turning on the dark mode.