Meetup is a great website to connect with people of similar interests. This platform enables users to find and join groups unified by a common interest such as games, books, health, pets, careers, hobbies, politics, and movies. It also helps users do more of what he or she loves by finding and create communities based around the idea and activities that matter to them.
Meetup also gives users the opportunity to network, explore new things, and develop friendships and possible relationships. As for me, I think this platform is also a great place for people that have social anxiety as a form of exposure therapy which might be helpful.
A Brief Description About Meetup
The company is based in New York City and it was found in 2002 by Scott Heiferman and matt meeker. This platform was designed as a way for organizers to manage many functions associated with in-person meetings and for individuals to find groups that fit their interests. Users can enter their city or their postal code and tag the topic they want to meet about. This service is free for individuals who log in as a member and they also have the ability to join different groups and events.
Meetup receives revenue by charging fees to organizers. They pay $9.99 a month for their basic plan which includes a maximum of 4 organizers and a maximum of 50 members. But the unlimited pricing starts at $14.99 a month or six months for $90 which gives the organizer up to three groups.
Benefit Of Meetup
- It allows you to finds others and make friends.
- Get involved in local communities.
- Learn, share and teach.
- You will get ideas and inspiration from speakers and other members.
- It allows you to be part of something bigger both locally and globally.
How www.meetup.com Works
You need to create an account to be a member of the www.meetup.com web portal. Once you’ve created an account then you can use the website to find a meetup group that you are interested in or you can actually create yours if no one has. And browse meetup in your area, you can search for meetup by location, date, category, or suggestions. You can click on any meetup that interests you to learn more about it.
It enables you to know who attend it, when they were founded, what they do, and what they are all about. If you find any meetup that interests you, you can join. All you have to do is to confirm that you are joining and also show up at the organized time.
Like I said earlier that you can create your own meetup group just enter some information about what you want to do, where you are, and also wait to see if other users are interested. You have the opportunity to send other users instant messages to learn more about this platform that you are interested in.
Meetup Sign Up | How to Create A Meetup Account
- Launch your favorite browser and enter wwww.meetup.com in the address bar section.
- Click on the sign-up icon and you will be taken to the sign up page.
- You can choose to sign up with Facebook, Google, or email. But if you don’t want to sign up with Facebook and Google. Just click on sign-up with email.
- Then a page will pop out which indicates you to enter your name which other users will use to identify you.
- Enter your email address inside the second box and lastly your password.
- When you enter the entire information click on the sign-up icon at the button of the page.
- The meetup will send an email to the email address you used to sign up.
When you open the email you will see a blue link provided just click on it. Then you will be redirected to the sign in page where you have to click on login at the button of the page and you will be automatically log in to your meetup account.
Meetup Log in
- Launch your web browser.
- Enter www.meetup.com in the URL section on your browser.
- Then a page will pop up which indicates you to sign up or log in. but if you have an account click on login.
- You can also log in with your Facebook and Google accounts if you want to make it faster. You can log in with the normal login process where you have to enter your email address and password.
- Enter the email address and password. Make sure they are all correct to avoid login issues.
- Click on login to access your account.
With all these steps users can easily do it themselves. You can also find and join groups, develop new friends, explore new things, and also get ideas about what others do.