Apart from financial restrictions, and a lack of understanding of educational scholarships, their accessibility, and application processes are also key contributors to the state’s rising dropout rate. As a result, in India, a governmental State Scholarship was established to allow students to return to school and complete their degrees.
The goal of the Odisha State Scholarship Portal is to bridge the gap between scholarship providers and recipients. Thus, encouraging more students to participate in the system. To avoid duplication and leakage in scholarship distribution, six major state departments have joined this unified platform.
The site uses Aadhar Authentication to confirm student applications submitted online. This is a one-stop-shop for State Scholarship, with a clear dashboard for institutions and departments to track application processing. State scholarship funds can be instantly distributed to the bank accounts of selected students using this facility.
A consolidated State Scholarship Portal was built in response to the State Government’s resolve to make beneficiary-oriented programs easily accessible, smooth, and transparent. It brings together 21 scholarship programmers from six key government departments on a single platform.
The Odisha State Scholarship Portal is an integrated e-government portal for the automation, streamlining, and effective management of scholarship schemes conducted across multiple departments in the state of Odisha. The goal of the Odisha State Scholarship Portal is to bridge the gap between scholarship providers and recipients. Hence, encouraging more students to participate in the system.
Now, if you live in India, you have the opportunity to apply for this scholarship. And also be open to opportunities through it. However, all you will need to do is to find out if you are eligible for the scholarship. And learn how to apply to become a part of it.
State Scholarship Eligibility
To confirm if you are eligible for this scholarship, you will need to follow certain steps to check. Eligibility varies from country to country. So, depending on the country you are in, you will be able to know if you are eligible.
- Visit the State Scholarship official website.
- Locate and click on Check Eligibility at the top of the page.
- You will be redirected to the check eligibility form.
- Now choose your gender.
- Decide category
- Select your religion.
- State course
- Choose your stream.
- Your family income
- Finally, enter the last marks (%)
After filling out the form, check the total schemes below the form to confirm if you are eligible.
Documents Required For Application
To apply, you will need to provide the below documents.
- Aadhaar Number
- Applicant’s Photograph
- Income Certificate
- Caste certificate
- Special category certificate
- Resident certificate
- Front page of Passbook for bank account details of the student
- Matriculation Certificate (Except in the case of Non-matriculated ITI courses)
- Previous Examination Certificate
How to Apply for a State Scholarship
Eligible students must complete the following procedures in order to apply for the scholarship:
- If you are a new user, go to the portal and click the Registration link. The login button can be used by existing users.
- Continue by entering your Aadhaar number.
- To obtain the user ID and password, check your registered cell phone or email.
- To apply for the scholarship, go to the portal’s login page and enter your user ID and password.
- Provide all relevant information, such as student, academic, eligibility, and bank account information.
- Click the “Save as draft” button to save and continue the scholarship form, or the “Next” button to save and continue the scholarship form.
- On the page, you’ll see a preview of the completed form. Print the forms after downloading them.
When is the Deadline for Odisha Scholarship 2023?
Students who are GENERAL/ST/SC/OBC/SEBC/EBC should register and apply for a scholarship by November 26, 2023. The Department of School and Mass Education is now accepting online applications for the Junior Merit Scholarship for the academic year 2022-23.