First Direct Mortgage – Are you in search of a convenient, swift, and hassle-free method to secure a loan? If so, you’re in the right place.
First Direct specializes in private residential mortgages and boasts a proven track record of successful transactions.
With the capability to offer top-notch mortgages to individuals, First Direct ensures its products are reliable, stable, and responsibly tailored to meet your needs.
So, if you’d like to get a mortgage, First Direct is an ideal choice. How to apply? Read on to find out.
Is First Direct a Good Mortgage Lender?
First Direct is a reputable lending institution that exclusively considers applicants with an existing account at the bank.
Applying for a First Direct Mortgage online or through their app may result in an immediate decision, with funds potentially being transferred instantly.
Nevertheless, it is crucial to carefully evaluate whether taking a loan from First Direct is a prudent decision.
Before applying, it is important to assess your financial situation thoroughly, ensuring that you can comfortably manage the repayments.
What Types Of Mortgage Does First Direct Offer?
First Direct offers a mortgage type where the interest rate remains constant for a specified initial period. The initial periods for First Direct mortgages vary, ranging from two, three, five, to ten years. Subsequently, the rate reverts to the standard variable rate.
Requirements For First Direct Mortgage
Before applying for a first direct mortgage, there are certain requirements you must meet. Meeting these requirements guarantees your qualification for the mortgage. They include:
- You must be able to provide evidence of your income and outgoings to show that you can afford the mortgage.
- Must be a permanent UK resident and a UK taxpayer.
If you can meet the requirements listed above, then you are eligible to apply for a First Direct mortgage.
How To Sign Up For A First Direct Account
Before you can apply for a First Direct mortgage, you must first create an account. Here are the steps you can follow to sign up for your first direct account:
- Ensure you have an internet connection.
- Navigate to the Play Store for Android and the Apple Store for iPhone.
- Search for the first direct bank.
- Click on it.
- Download and install it.
- Open the app.
- Type in your first, middle, and last name in the space provided for them.
- Enter your primary phone number.
- Provide your email.
- Confirm your email.
- Create your password.
- State how you heard about First Direct Mortgage.
- Enter the property state you are applying for.
- Lastly, click on the “Create Account’ button.
With these steps, you should be able to successfully create a First Direct account. Then you can now proceed to apply for a mortgage.
How To Apply For First Direct Mortgage
Applying for a First Direct mortgage is pretty easy. However, if you are finding it difficult to apply, you can follow the steps below:
- Open the First Direct App.
- Click on the Apply button.
- Carefully read about their terms and conditions.
- Agree to it if you are fine with it.
- Provide your title (Mr, Mrs, Mis, Ms, Mx, M, or Dr).
- Type in your first and last name.
- Provide if you have ever had any other name.
- If yes, then type in your previous name(s).
- Enter your previous last name or family name.
- Provide your gender.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Marital status
- Number of dependents.
- Your UK mobile number.
- Provide every other piece of information and document needed.
- Click on apply.
Once all the aforementioned steps are completed and your information is received, they will schedule a telephone appointment with one of their mortgage advisers.
Alternatively, you can apply through their website by visiting firstdirect.com and following the aforementioned steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Can I Borrow From First Direct?
First Direct proposes mortgages to both first-time buyers and home movers at different loan-to-value (LTV) ratios, including 60%, 75%, 80%, 85%, 90%, and likewise 95%. So, if you are remortgaging, you can borrow close to 95% LTV.
However, First Direct does not reveal its borrowing caps, so you will need to speak with the lender directly to know how much you can borrow based on your salary.
Also, it is very important to know that First Direct does not work with mortgage brokers.
Can I Make Overpayments?
First Direct permits you to make lump-sum or regular overpayments on your mortgage. Contrary to most lenders, they do not limit overpayments to 10% of the mortgage balance per year.