Learning how to cook Vegetable soup as a wife, a wife-to-be, or even as a responsible man is one of the best things you can learn on the internet. And in this blog post, I am so excited to reveal to you how you can make a delicious vegetable soup. Vegetable soup is one delicious meal that you will find on the menu of any restaurant in Nigeria. Just like its name entails, this national soup is filled with nutritional vegetables that boast taste and deliciousness.
The Vegetable soup is, in fact, one of the healthiest Nigerian foods that you can consume. You really cannot go wrong with having a meal with various nutritional vegetables in your diet. Anyway, this particular soup is so easy to prepare that it can be done as long as you follow the detailed instructions.
In addition to this, the vegetable soup is unique and can be paired with all kinds of accompanying swallows. You can even have this meal for lunch or dinner. Furthermore, you can combine various vegetables to get a solid and sweet vegetable soup on your table. But this article will give you easy and detailed steps on how to prepare vegetable soup.
Ingredients For Cooking Vegetable Soup
Fire up your engines or take a walk down to the local market or supermarket that you know of. You have to actually purchase the various ingredients that are needed to cook the vegetable soup. Here are the ingredients you have to purchase or have for the vegetable soup:
- Seasoning cubes
- Bonnets peppers
- Palm oil
- Salt to taste
- A big bowl of waterleaves
- A big bowl of ugu leaves
- Roasted Mackerel or fish
- Goat meat or any meat of your choice
- Grounded ofor (Optional)
Steps To Cook The Vegetable Soup
To get started on the preparation of the vegetable soup, here are the steps to follow:
How To Prepare Your Ingredients For Vegetable Soup
The following steps will guide you as you prepare your ingredients for vegetable soup making;
- Begin by slicing both the water leaves and ugu leaves separately and in separate bowls. Ensure you have the leaves thinly sliced
- Do note that you should wash the ugu leaves properly before slicing
- Wash the water leaves after slicing them. Transfer them to a proper sieve to drain the excess water. Your vegetable soup does not need excess water
- Next, start washing the roasted fish. Remove all the center bones and break them into smaller pieces
Steps To Follow When Cooking Vegetable Soup
If you have your ingredients ready, the steps next will guide you to cooking the best vegetable soup;
How To Cook Vegetable Soup: Step 1
- Get a small pot and put the washed goat meat, a teaspoon of salt, sliced onions, and 2 seasoning cubes in it.
- Add water and allow the meat mixture to boil until it is tender
- Add the washed and roasted fish, too, and allow them to cook until the water dries.
- Do not allow what you are cooking to burn
- Blend or pound the scotch bonnet or peppers and a cup of crayfish together.
- Once done, set it aside on a separate plate
- Now, go back to the meat pot and see if the water is nearly dried. If it is, add your palm oil. Ensure you add a large quantity, as vegetable soup requires a lot of palm oil
- Stir and mix everything. Add little water if it is too dry
- Next, add the water leaves to the pot. It will fill the pot but it will also go down while you are stirring it
- If you still have more water leaves, keep adding them little by little while stirring.
- Once you have added all the water leaves, stir and allow it to simmer for 2-4 minutes while you occasionally stir it
- Then, proceed to add the blended or pounded crayfish and pepper
- Stir it all together to mix well
- Add your salt to taste, but in a small quantity so it isn’t salty
- Now, add your ugu leaves next and stir to mix well
- At this point, you can now add your ofor. Many people use it as a soup thickener. The choice to use this is optional.
- Stir everything so that there are no clumps and allow to simmer for 3 minutes
- Finally, you can turn off your gas and put down the pot because your vegetable soup is now ready.
These are the steps to follow if you want to prepare a delicious vegetable soup. You can now decide to serve this delicious delicacy with fufu, semo, pounded yam, or eba.