Many ask. “How To Open A PayPal Account In Nigeria?”, Can Nigerians use the PayPal app?” These are legitimate questions that are going to get reliable answers in the article below.
PayPal is an easy commerce platform that easily connects buyers to sellers with so much ease. Also, it allows various foreign transfers and has an affordable processing fee attached.
Furthermore, Nigerians can easily use the PayPal platform for all their transactional fees. With over 200 million active users, you can be sure that PayPal is also legit and can help you with transactions either local or international.
Furthermore, PayPal is one of the most reliable, leading platforms that helps people send, receive and transfer money globally. If you are a Nigerian who has a business that involves foreign clients, this is the platform to use for receiving payments abroad.
Requirements to Create a PayPal Account In Nigeria
Before creating a PayPal account in Nigeria, there are certain requirements needed.
In this section of the article, we will be outlining some of the requirements needed to create an account in Nigeria. Hence, check out the list below;
- Stable Internet connection
- Mobile or Desktop device
- Active Mobile Number
- Also, you need an active email address
- Personal information such as date of birth, full name, business name, address, etc
- Lastly, the Visa or Mastercard linked to your Nigeria bank account
With the above-listed credentials, you can successfully create or sign up for a Business or personal PayPal account in Nigeria.
How To Open A Business PayPal Account In Nigeria
If you are interested in learning the ropes of activating a PayPal account for your use, this section will help you with your needs. Moreover, the process of doing this is so easy and can be self-done.
For this process, you will need your Visa/MasterCard linked to your Nigerian Bank, and your email address. Here are the steps to follow on how you can open a PayPal account in Nigeria:
- Begin by visiting the official PayPal website at https://www.paypal.com/ng/home
- Click on the ‘Open a Business Account’ option
- Enter your valid email address
- Click on ‘Continue’
- Next, Enter your first and your last name
- Also, type in your business name and your phone number as well
- Then, enter your business address. Please note that this address should be the same address you used when opening your bank account.
- You will also have to enter your Nigerian postcode
- Next, select the primary currency you want. Many Nigerians select the US Dollar.
- Click in the Check box that agrees to the User Agreement and Privacy Statement.
- Next, click on ‘Agree and Continue
- Proceed to enter your debit card details next.
- Then, you will receive a PayPal account verification link in your email
- Open the email and click on the Link to verify your account
- Your account is finally set up.
Those are the steps to follow on how you can successfully open a PayPal account in Nigeria.
Steps to Open a Personal PayPal Account in Nigeria
If you need a personal PayPal account in Nigeria, you can open one within a few minutes. Here are the steps and guidelines to successfully open a new personal account in Nigeria;
- Visit the official website of PayPal Online
- Or open the PayPal mobile app on your device
- Next, locate the signup icon on the homepage and click on it
- Then, enter your active mobile number and click on the next
- Confirm your humanity
- On the next page, you will be required to enter your personal details such as your name, date of birth, and email address.
- Next, create a strong password.
- Lastly, once you’ve created an account, add your card and you can begin using your PayPal account.
Following the above steps and guidelines, you can successfully create a personal PayPal account in Nigeria.
How To Open Your PayPal Using Your Bank’s E-Wallet Account
There is another route to take when opening your PayPal account in Nigeria. This method is using your e-wallet account. However, ensure that your bank has an online banking system first that connects you to PayPal. Here’s how to open your PayPal account with an e-wallet:
- Log into your bank account using your token and password
- Select the ‘PayPal wallet’ in the main tab
- Click on ‘Create PayPal Wallet’ on the drop-down menu
- Next, select which debit/credit cards you wish to link to your PayPal account
- Then, press the button on your online token and confirm the details
- Enter a password in the window that pops up
- Click on ‘Agree and Create Account
You will receive a message that confirms that you have successfully opened a PayPal account in the email account you used in opening your bank account.
Also, the steps above can be followed by people who use the First Bank account. For the others, ensure your bank allows it first, then proceed to create a PayPal account.