How do I post Spotlight to Snapchat? Snapchat Spotlight is one of the new and most popular features of this multimedia instant messaging app. Furthermore, this feature gives users access to engaging and interesting content when they make use of Snapchat. Just like TikTok and YouTube shorts, you can watch bite-sized or short videos.
What’s more, you can also create such videos and upload them to Snapchat Spotlight. So, as you use Snapchat and upgrade to their latest version, you will be able to see this feature. However, the question is how to use it. If you are interested in finding out how and what you can do on Snapchat Spotlight, keep reading.
Additionally, you can save or delete the snaps you share on Spotlight. Users can also check their status after uploading these videos as well. However, there are rules guiding the types of videos you upload on Snapchat Spotlight. Though you will be learning about them as you read through this content. Read on to find out the steps and guidelines on how to post spotlight to Snapchat.
What is Snapchat Spotlight?
This is a new, cool feature that enables Snapchat users to create a 60-second video and upload it. Moreover, it is very similar to uploading videos on platforms like YouTube and TikTok. More importantly, if your video gets approved, you can win prizes. However, unlike other platforms, you cannot add comments to Spotlight videos.
How To Post Spotlight to Snapchat
Posting spotlights to Snapchat is very easy. Moreover, you can do this using your mobile device or desktop. So, if you would like to stand a chance to win a prize if your spotlight gets approved, here is how to post it online.
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Tap a video of your Snap.
- Edit it with the tools built-in in the app.
- Add a caption.
- Next, click on the Send
Lastly, click on the Spotlight option at the top of the Send To option on your screen, and your video will be automatically uploaded.
- Launch the Snapchat mobile app on your phone.
- Download it if you do not have it.
- Next, take a recording of your snap.
- Make use of the creative tools to edit your spotlight.
- Then, include a topic. But this is optional.
- Click on the Send option.
- Click on the spotlight button at the top of the Send To option on your screen.
Finally, you have created a Snapchat spotlight successfully, and you have uploaded it. You can now view it or delete it whenever you want.
- Visit the Snapchat app or official website.
- Log in to your account.
- Next, drag and drop the video you want to upload.
- Enter a topic.
- Select where you would like to save your video.
- I agree to their terms and conditions after reading them.
Lastly, tap on the Post to Spotlight option, and people can start viewing your videos. If your video’s ranking is high, more people will begin to view it.
How To Check Status Of Your Spotlight Videos
If you would like to find out how many people have watched it and other details of your Snapchat Spotlight video, here is what you need to do:
- Go to your profile.
- Click on the snap you uploaded.
- You will submit and live
- The submitted means that the video has been received, but no features have been made yet.
- As for live, it means that your spotlight has been seen by other users.
So, whichever option you find, you can now find out what they mean and make sure you create interesting videos that will attract the attention of other users.
How To Save or Delete Snaps on Your Spotlight
If you do not want other users to view your Snapchat Spotlight and would like to get rid of it or save it, here is what you need to do:
- Go to your settings in your profile.
- Click on the spotlight and then snap the map.
- Then, click on the Download button if you want to save the video or the Trash button to get rid of the video.
After you select the trash option, your video will no longer be available and visible in Snapchat Spotlight. However, keep in mind that it has already been shared by other users, so it is still public.
Tips For Creating A Snapchat Spotlight
If you want to create Snapchat Spotlight, here are some of the things that you need to know before or when you begin:
- The video length must be 60 seconds.
- Reduce the number of spotlight videos you upload.
- Avoid copyrighting from other creators on the platform.
- Your videos must abide by the Snapchat community guidelines.
- Snapchat Spotlight’s horizontal resolution is 640px.
- Be creative.
- So do not upload promotional videos.
- Videos must come with sound and be vertical, and the aspect ratio must be 3:4.
- Add a topic before posting a video.
So, with these tips, you should be able to create a good spotlight video and upload it on the Snapchat platform. Besides, the more creative you are, the more your chances of winning cash prizes for the best videos increase.