iCloud Mail is an email client that is offered by Apple Inc. for all Apple Operating systems such as macOS, iOS, iPad, and WatchOS. It is designed to enable you to seamlessly connect and communicate with your friends, family, and loved ones around the world.
In addition, you can use your iCloud Email address to view all your accounts in a single inbox, read messages, and manage your emails. Besides, it is completely free to make use of this email service compared to others that require you to subscribe or pay before getting started.
The email app provides a convenient way for you to securely manage your email account anywhere, anytime, at a convenient spot. It also makes it easy to share photos, files, and more with friends and family.
Also, when you get a new phone, it is easy to transfer everything from your old phone using the iCloud Mail app. You can set up a free email account on the iCloud Mail app and get 5GB of free storage for your data and use it on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, MacBook, and on the website.
Apple is famous for prioritizing privacy and security, so all data stored in iCloud is encrypted to prevent hackers and other parties from accessing your data. iCloud uses a combination of two-factor authentication, and you can access your account only on devices you trust.
Is iCloud Email Safe?
100% security is guaranteed when using an iCloud email. ICloud itself secures your information by encrypting it and storing it in an encrypted format.
So there’s nothing to worry about, as all your information, be it personal or not, is safe when you use iCloud mail. So you can now proceed with creating an email account.
Is It Free?
Yes. It is said that iCloud mail is actually free for someone who has an Apple ID. So if you want to use the email service for free, you can create yourself an Apple ID account, which is even more important if you are an Apple device user, as you would need it in order to use Apple services.
Well, aside from the iCloud mail being free for you, it comes with so many features, some of which include ample storage, IMAP access, and an elegantly well-developed web interface.
How To Sign Up an iCloud Mail Email Address
iCloud Mail requires you to create a new iCloud email account before you can gain access to all the unique features it has to offer. Also, before you can even use mail on iCloud, it is very necessary that you first process the iCloud email sign-up so that you can access your account whenever you want using the sign-in steps listed below in this article. Here are the steps and guidelines to follow;
On iPhone and iPad
- Go to your device settings.
- Tap on your name at the top.
- Select iCloud
- Toggle mail to the ‘On position and press ‘Create.
- Choose the iCloud email address you want.
- Tap on next.
- Click on ‘Done.
- On your Mac Choose the Apple menu in the top left corner.
- Click on system preferences.
- On macOS 10.15 or later, click on Apple ID, then iCloud, and follow the prompt.
- If you are running macOS 10.14 or earlier, then follow the instructions.
- Select the tick box for mail.
- Choose your iCloud email address.
- Click ‘OK’ and tap on ‘Create.
Following the above steps and guidelines, you can successfully sign up for an iCloud mail account on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac device.
How To Set Up My iCloud Mail Account
After you have created an iCloud email address, you need to make sure you are signed in with the same Apple ID on each device. Here are the steps and guidelines on how to set up your account.
On iPhone, iPad, and iPod
- First, On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, go to settings.
- Next, click on your name, and then iCloud.
- Toggle on Mail if you want to send and receive iCloud mail on your device.
- To keep mail settings up to date on your device, turn on the iCloud drive.
- Lastly, open the Mail app to view your iCloud mail.
- Open the Apple menu.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Tap on Apple ID.
- Select iCloud
- To send and receive messages on your device, select mail.
Set Up iCloud On PC
- Download iCloud for Windows app
- Enter the Apple ID and password used to set up your iCloud account
- Select mail, contact, and calendars
- Click apply.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully set up your iCloud email account; you can now proceed to use the platform to save files and other important documents.
iCloud Mail Login
Using your computer PC web browser, you can log in to your iCloud Mail account using your Apple ID and Password. You will need to visit the official sign-in page to get started. Here are the step-by-step guidelines and instructions to follow;
- Open your computer web browser.
- Visit the official Login page of iCloud Mail.
- You will be prompted to enter your login details and information.
- Enter your Apple ID and tap on Next.
- Then, enter your Apple Password and tap on Sign In.
If your Apple ID and Password are accurate, you will be signed in to your Apple Mail Account where you can read and view messages, send and receive emails, and access your videos, documents, and more.
How to Back Up Your iCloud Mail To iPhone
For a better and faster experience, make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. Also, make sure your software is updated; once this is done, proceed to back up your iPhone to iCloud.
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to settings, click on your name, and tap iCloud.
- Tap iCloud Backup
- Tap Back Up Now.
Stay connected to your Wi-Fi until the backup is complete. If you receive an alert that you don’t have enough iCloud storage space to complete the backup, follow the instructions to buy more storage.
How To Transfer Data To a New iPhone
If you want to move your contacts, photos, and messages to your new phone, then I recommend iCloud to do that. You will need to make sure everything on your computer is backed up.
- Follow the instructions to set up a new iOS device.
- Tap Restore from iCloud Backup and sign in to your Apple ID.
- Go to Choose Backup and select from the list of iCloud backups, each with a different date and size.
- Sign in with your Apple ID to restore your apps.
There you have it. The above steps and guidelines are easy and simple ways to successfully transfer your data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone device.