Are you a caretaker, can you maintain an environment and earn up to at least $30,000 – $45,000? Meanwhile, the most interesting part of it is that you can also get paid hourly of at least $16.24 – $20.50. On the contrary, do you live in or outside the USA? Then you should consider applying for the post of a janitor as I will be revealing to you several companies that are recruiting janitors to work in the United States even if you are a foreigner. Getting Janitor Jobs in USA can never be over-emphasized both in homes and social places like schools and every other social center.
Perhaps you wonder what Janitor Jobs in USA do, a janitor takes care of and maintains homes and the environment. A janitor is responsible for the maintenance and tidiness of surroundings to create a healthy environment. A janitor or Cleaner is in charge of performing various cleaning activities to keep a facility tidy. Their responsibilities include vacuuming and mopping the floors, disinfecting the surfaces, and emptying the recycle or trash bins.
Furthermore, there are several vacancies in the USA for competent janitors. Hence you can play your role well and carry out your duties properly, you rest assured that you could earn yourself up to $30 per hour as a janitor in the USA. The list below is the available employers and companies that are currently recruiting janitors;
READ MORE: Human Resources Manager Jobs In the USA With Visa Sponsorship
Where Can I Apply for Janitor Jobs in USA For Foreigners?
- RWK SERVICES INC.
- Jay Hospital.
- US Issworld.
- Spencer-Owen Community Schools.
- Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits.
- SSC Services For education.
- Trine University.
- Kimco Facility.
- Dukes Memorial Hospital.
- LAKE CABLE, LLC.
- Union Health. Etc.
The list above is the available places to apply for the post of Janitor Jobs in USA For Foreigners. Going further, you can apply for Janitor Jobs In USA For Foreigners via job-giving platforms like Indeed.com, simplyhired.com, jobberman.com, etc. Let’s look at the role of a janitor in several places like the school and hospital. The list of duties below is expected to be carried out by a janitor.
READ MORE: Bookkeeper Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
What is the Job of a Janitor in a Home?
- Clean all interior surfaces of buildings, including the walls, windows, carpets, and rugs.
- Clean frequently used objects like desks, doorknobs, office supplies, and phones.
- upkeep of inventory, putting orders for fresh products as necessary
- Maintain outside spaces, trim plants, and cut the grass.
- Clear the sidewalks of snow and garbage.
- Upkeep of HVAC systems and air filter replacement
- Clear the recycling and garbage cans.
- Maintain supply rooms’ inventory
- Make quick fixes to tools, machinery, and equipment.
- Clean, broom, and vacuum floors.
- Maintaining and cleaning restrooms
- cleaning and sanitizing mirrors and windows
- Informing managers of dangerous situations
- operate machinery such as floor scrubbers
- Cleanup of fixtures and furniture
Let’s also look at what the duty of a janitor is in a school. As mentioned earlier, the place of a cleaner, custodian, or whatever name you call it can never be underrated in society even in schools mostly. And so, the role of a janitor in schools is clearly explained and listed below;
READ MORE: Customer Service Coordinator Jobs In USA With Visa Sponsorship
What is the job of Janitor Jobs in USA worker in A School?
A school’s building and grounds must be kept secure, safe, and in good working order by a Janitor Jobs worker. Numerous elementary schools only employ one janitor. Two or three might be present in a sizable secondary school or institution.
You might be:
- Overseeing the school’s cleaning crew and keeping an eye on the cleaning contracts that are put out to bid.
- Utilizing the security, lighting, and heating systems.
- Providing security coverage through routine patrols and CCTV inspection.
- Making small repairs and coordinating the completion of major fixes.
- Moving furniture, such as during test periods, and assembling gym equipment.
- Coordinating school deliveries of supplies and mail.
- Maintaining the grounds, cleaning the playground, and gritting and clearing the paths throughout the winter.
- Addressing garbage disposal, lost property, and waste collection.
- Keeping the school open for reservations on the weekends and after hours and responding to problems like break-ins at night.
READ MORE: Intermediate Project Assistant Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
Skills and Requirements For Janitors
Janitors often possess several prerequisite abilities or credentials that will help them in their work, such as:
- Knowledge of various cleaning chemicals and when to use them and good communication skills
- Being able to disinfect and sanitize a variety of surfaces
- Possibility of lifting and carrying at least 50 pounds
- Possessing good organizational skills and being aware of safety precautions when using chemical cleansers
- Superior time management abilities
If you possess these qualities, then applying for the post of a janitor in the USA should be put into consideration. It may also interest you that an average payment for a janitor yearly in the USA is about $29k. This should be a good start if you have an interest in the field.
READ MORE: Intermediate Firmware Engineer Jobs With Visa Sponsorship