Want to change your Snapchat username but don’t know how to? Are you tired of your present username? If so, you’ve landed on the right page.
Whether you’re aiming to rebrand yourself or simply desire a fresh start, altering your Snapchat username is a straightforward process.
Formally, Snapchat usernames are unique and typically cannot be changed once created. But now it does. And this article will guide you on how you can easily go about it.
Why Change Your Snapchat Username?
There are several reasons why you might want to change your Snapchat username, and one of the reasons could be the unproductive choice of it during your registration process.
It can also be because of the initial choice of a too-complex, obscure, and almost distorted name.
With this, it may be hard for your contacts to recognize you. Amending the name in this case will make it easier to find you inside the messenger.
Additionally, the name is sometimes changed so as to hide from the irritating attention of too-disturbing contacts.
Some recall their street or school nickname, which they liked, and want to make use of it in the messenger. In a word, there are a lot of reasons, and the solution for all of them is to replace the username.
What to Know Before Changing Your Snapchat Username
You have the option to change your Snapchat username once a year, so it’s essential to carefully consider the name you choose.
Once you’ve changed your Snapchat username, reverting to your old one is not possible. Additionally, you cannot select a username previously used by another Snapchat user, even if it’s inactive.
This ensures that registered but unused usernames are unavailable for selection. Importantly, it’s worth noting that altering your username won’t affect any other elements of your Snapchat account, including your Snap Code, Contacts, Snap Score, and Memories.
How to Change Your Snapchat Username
It is a simple and easy process for you to change your Snapchat username. There are just two methods that you can use to change your Snapchat username: changing your display name and creating a new account. The steps to do both are listed below:
Changing Your Display Name
- Navigate to the Snapchat app and log in to your account.
- Click on your profile icon, which is at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Click on the gear icon that is at the top-right corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
- Scroll down to the “Name” unit and then click on it.
- Type in your new display name in the “First Name” and “Last Name” fields.
- Click on the “Save” button to save your new display name.
Creating a New Account
If you are really interested in changing your Snapchat username and cannot seem to, you can likewise create a new account.
Just note that this method will mean losing your present Snapstreaks, saved content, and friends. The steps below are how to create a new Snapchat account:
- Navigate to the Snapchat app and log out of your existing account.
- Click on “Sign Up” to create a new account.
- Type in your first and last name, date of birth, and desired username.
- Generate your password and type in your phone number or email address so as to verify your account.
- Don’t forget to follow the prompts so as to set up your new account and start adding friends.
Don’t forget that creating a lot of Snapchat accounts violates the app’s terms of service, so ensure that you are following the rules if you decide to create a new account.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Often Can I Change My Snapchat Username?
Snapchat lets you change your username officially once a year. But you can change your display name a lot of times without a waiting period. If you would like to change your username more than once within a year, you will have to create a new Snapchat account.
Why Can’t I Change my Snapchat Username?
Snapchat allows you to change your username once a year. So, if you have changed it once in the present year, you can’t change it again until the next.