How do I sell on Jumia in Nigeria? Jumia is one of the biggest and most popular e-commerce platforms in Nigeria. On this platform, you can shop for thousands of items. However, just like Amazon, you can also sell your own products and services on the site. As a Nigerian, you can sell your own original products on Jumia, thereby generating more revenue for your business and also expanding your customer base.
Jumia allows Nigerians to sell different products ranging from gaming items, baby items, outfits and a lot more. The best part is that selling on this platform is straightforward and hassle-free. From the comfort of your home, you can start selling your products and services on this platform. Hence, if you reside in Nigeria and would like to sell on Jumia, read through this article to learn the requirements and steps to follow.
How Much Does It Cost to Sell on Jumia?
Selling on Jumia does not cost a dime. What’s more, registering to sell on the platform does not require money. But once you set up an online store and begin to make sales, on every sale you make, Jumia collects a fee. However, the fee incurred on sales differs and depends on the nature of the product and delivery method. In addition, the fee is divided into three categories, which include Jumia Express fees, shipping cost contributions, and commissions.
Requirements to Sell on Jumia
More importantly, if you want to sell on Jumia, you need to register or sign up as a vendor on the platform using your email address, bank details, and phone number. But here are some of the things you need to know to become a seller on this platform:
- You must be 18 years of age or older to sell on the platform.
- Sellers must guarantee a ready-to-ship within 24 hours.
- Must get a Tax Identification Number (TIN) and complete the sign-up process.
- Ensure that your product never goes out of stock. If it does, make sure you remove it from the listings.
- Upload and sell high-quality products and maintain business transparency.
- As a seller, you need to maintain price equality for your items and products.
- Sellers must give access to Jumia to access their trademarks, products, and branding materials.
Now that you know what to expect if you want to sell on Jumia, it is up to you to decide if you want to continue with the process.
Why Sell on Jimia?
Selling on Jumia has a lot of advantages. Furthermore, the platform is very similar to Amazon and offers benefits to its sellers. For instance, as a seller on Jumia, you get to enjoy a wide reach for your audience. In other words, your services and products will be accessed and available to people who are making use of the platform.
Secondly, you do not need to pay to sell on Jumia. So, as a seller, you get to sign up for free on Jumia and open a seller account online. What’s more, an upfront investment is not required. You also get to work from home. In addition, the use of Jumia for sales as a seller helps you increase and boost your sales as well.
How to sell on Jumia in Nigeria
As mentioned earlier, to be able to sell any product on Jumia, you need to have or create a seller account. But do not get worked up because this process is very simple and you can achieve it within a few minutes. So, let us get into it:
- Go online using the Jumia Market Place official website at jumia.com.ng/sp-market-place or the mobile app.
- Next, begin the registration process.
- Enter your company’s name.
- Phone number.
- First name.
- Last name.
- Email address.
- Website information.
- You will also need to provide how you got to hear about this program and a referral, if available.
- Answer all the necessary questions.
- Then, select your product category.
- Enter the number of products as well.
- Provide your address.
And presentation. Once you submit all this important information, confirm your details before you tap Register. By clicking on this option, you have successfully submitted your application. So, wait for it to be reviewed.
After your account has been successfully activated, you can now start uploading your products and making sales online.
What You Can Sell on Jumia
If you want to start selling on Jumia but do not know what product to sell or what items are acceptable on the platform, here is a list of possible products:
- Computing Products.
- Sports Items.
- Phone and tablets.
- Baby items.
- Gaming Products.
- Fashion Items.
- Home and office appliances
- Automobile Products.
- Health and beauty products.
And other products like movies, livestock, gardening tools, and musicals. However, you cannot sell counterfeit or stolen products on Jumia. There are also other items that you should not sell on this platform as well.