Do you see those two blue check marks beside a message whenever you send it on WhatsApp? Well, do you know what they mean? If you don’t, then do not worry because I have the answers you want and need. Before we begin, those are the Read Receipts signs. This means that the message has been conveyed. However, if you do not want this option, you can simply turn off the read receipts feature on your WhatsApp account.
While a lot of people think that this process is impossible or unalterable, on the contrary, it is very simple to carry out. You can turn off this feature from your WhatsApp account within seconds.
It is, however, worth noting that this feature is a default feature. This means that when you set up WhatsApp for the first time and send a message, your read receipts will be on. But you can customize your chats and turn this feature off.
Why Turn Off Receipts on WhatsApp?
There is one common reason why a lot of WhatsApp users turn off the read receipts. So, if you do not want other users to see when you read their messages, you can turn off this feature on the mobile application.
You may be wondering what the tick mark means in WhatsApp. Well, here is what you need to know:
- The single tick (✔) indicates that the message has been sent successfully.
- The double ticks (✔✔) show that your message has been delivered to the receiver’s phone number.
- The double (✔✔) blue ticks show that the receiver has seen your message.
So, now that you know what the check marks on WhatsApp mean, you will be able to know what has happened when you send a message on the platform.
How To Turn Off Read Receipts on WhatsApp
If you do not want the other party on WhatsApp to know that you have seen their message, turning it off is the only possible way to do so. However, if you do not know how to do so, you are in the right section. You are about to find out how to perform this process on your Android and iOS devices, so keep reading.
- Connect your Android device to the internet.
- Launch the WhatsApp app.
- Next, click on the three dots at the top right of your screen.
- Then, click on Settings.
- Click on the Account option and tap on Privacy.
- Click on the toggle beside the Read Receipts tab to disable it.
Now that you have it, you no longer have to worry about privacy. Even if you send a message to someone, the recipient will not know if you have seen it or not.
- Connect your device to the internet.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your phone.
- Next, click on your Settings.
- You will find this option at the bottom right of your screen.
- Then, click on the Privacy
- You will see a green toggle at the right corner of the Read Receipts Tap on it to deselect it.
After you have done this, the toggle will turn gray, and the feature has been disabled successfully. You can now prevent other users from knowing that you have seen their messages.
It is not possible to make this type of change on your laptop or desktop; however, there is still a way for you to turn off this feature on your desktop. Here is what you need to do:
- Connect your mobile device (Android or iOS) to the internet.
- Open the WhatsApp mobile app.
- Go to the settings.
- Go to the privacy option and turn off the feature.
Once you do so, go to WhatsApp on your PC. If it is open, close it and open it again. The new changes will begin.
How To Turn On the Read Receipts Feature
If you want to disable this feature but do not know how to begin, relax; I have got you covered. Besides, this process is nothing to be afraid of. All you need to do is reverse the initial process, and you are done. So, here is what you need to do:
- Open the WhatsApp app on your Android or iOS device after connecting to the internet.
- Go to the app settings.
- Navigate to the Privacy
Lastly, turn on the Read Receipts option and reload the app. After you do this, other users of this messaging platform will be able to see if you have read your message. Even when you send yours, you will see if the messages have been seen by the receiver.