Do you need information concerning your JAMB Regularization for NYSC Registration? Then I suggest you stay right on this blog post. All the information you need concerning this will be provided for you in this write-up.
Every student of the Nigerian university must have a JAMB registration number to be able to apply for indexing by JAMB. They are the official board in charge of admission in tertiary institutions in Nigeria. Each student must get their admission letter from the JAMB officials. However, without the JAMB admission letter, youth service corpers cannot go for their NYSC.
Furthermore, one of the most important documents that every prospective youth service corpers for the NYSC regularization is the JAMB admission letter. Without this letter or a JAMB registration, they have to apply for a JAMB regularization process, and this costs N8500.
What Is JAMB Regularization?
JAMB regularization is for people who gained admission into Nigerian tertiary institutions without a JAMB admission letter or JAMB registration number. This process is for clearance for people who did not gain admission through JAMB.
Students in Nigeria are expected to accept admission through JAMB CAPS. However, there are other students such as HND and ND students who gained through their school and not through JAMB. To be eligible for NYSC mobilization, it is required of these categories of students to apply for a JAMB regularization.
Who Needs JAMB Regularization?
JAMB Regularization is very important for students who didn’t gain admission into Nigerian tertiary institutions through JAMB but rather through their school. Here are the categories of students who need JAMB regularization:
- Students whose admission details don’t equal their current information
- Students who are required to bring their admission letter before they can serve in the NYSC
- HND, IJMB, ND, and NCE who are enrolled in evening courses without a JAMB admission letter
- JAMB Regularization is also for students whose names don’t appear on the JAMB page
- The last category is for undergraduates who have been given admission but their admission status still reads “No Admission Given Yet” This is because they received admission through their institution.
And there you have it. The above-mentioned are the students that need to apply for JAMB Regularization to be able to serve in the NYSC.
Duration for JAMB Regularization
If you are wondering what the duration for approval for JAMB Regularization to use for your NYSC Registration is, then you would be thrilled to know that it usually takes about 24 hours for it to be approved by JAMB. After the consent form from your institution. If there is any delay in your JAMB Regularization, then the problem could be from your institution because your indemnity form hasn’t been forwarded to the Joint Admission Matriculation Board. Or in most cases, the delay is from JAMB.
Requirement Needed For JAMB Regularization
There are specific documents that you need to have before you can apply for JAMB Regularization and they include:
- First name and surname
- Indemnity form
- Email address
- JAMB portal profile
- Mobile number
- Transaction ID
- State and LGA of Origin
- Submission of online application form
- Year of JAMB examination
- Your O’level details
And that is all. Once you have these entire requirements, the next thing to do is to apply for the JAMB Regularization.
How to Apply For JAMB Regularization for NYSC Registration?
The following steps will take you through the process of applying for the JAMB Regularization:
- Connect to the internet
- Open your web browser and visit JAMB portal https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility
- Tap on the Create Sign Up for UTME/DE
- Fill in the information by providing your details such as phone number, email address, and other details
- Tap “OK” to submit
- Check your email for the mail sent by JAMB
- Tap on the JAMB message
- Tap on the JAMB link inside the message
- Input your personal details
- Choose your date of birth
- Input your phone number and place of origin
- Enter your password
- Tap the Sign-Up button
- Then log in to your account
- Head over to your JAMB profile Dashboard
- Tap on Regularize Admission
- Make payment for the regularization fee online
- Fill out the online registration form
- Then you print out the JAMB indemnity form
- Afterward, you submit the JAMB regularization form to your school
- Then check your JAMB admission status
And there you have it. After following the above steps carefully, you will be able to apply for JAMB regularization.
Can I Do JAMB Regularization More Than Once?
Yes, you can. JAMB officials allow students to apply for JAMB Regularization more than once because there could be a possible mistake during the first attempt. If there is any mistake on your date of birth or name, then JAMB could decline your regularization. Therefore, you are given another chance to rectify the mistake and then reapply.
Is JAMB Regularization Mandatory?
Yes, it is. In order to be eligible for NYSC registration and mobilization, it is very important for students to confirm their admission details for the Joint Admission Matriculation Board. Refusal to apply for JAMB Regularization will make students unqualified for NYSC.
How Much Does It Cost To Do JAMB Regularization?
If you have a JAMB registration number, then you will only get it done at any JAMB official office close to you for N5000. However, if you do not have a JAMB admission letter or a JAMB registration number, then you will get JAMB Regularization for only N8500.