Chevening Scholarship Debt Relief – Considering a master’s degree in the United Kingdom but worried about the costs? No need to worry—there’s a scholarship program that can provide the funds you need.
One of the top choices is the Chevening Scholarship, designed for exceptional students with leadership qualities.
The Chevening Scholarship is a highly regarded international program that supports students with leadership potential from around the world in pursuing postgraduate studies in the UK.
This initiative is funded by the United Kingdom government’s Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office, along with various partner organizations.
Moreover, Chevening Scholarships cover a broad range of master’s degree programs at different universities in the UK.
The goal is to build a global network of future leaders who will contribute positively to their home countries and the world at large.
What Does The Chevening Scholarship Cover?
The Chevening Scholarship Program covers a multitude of things that create opportunities for scholars to connect. The award recipient will receive:
- an arrival allowance.
- A travel top-up allowance
- The cost of an entry clearance application for only you
- payment of tuition fees.
- A contribution of up to 75 euros for TB testing
- a departure allowance.
- Economy: travel to and from your country of residence.
- a monthly personal living allowance to pay for accommodation and other living expenses.
The monthly stipend will be determined by whether you are studying inside or outside of London.
Eligibility Requirement For Chevening Scholarship Debt Relief
To be eligible for the Chevening Scholarship, you need to meet the basic requirements, which include:
- You must be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- You must have at least two years of work experience.
- You must be able to return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years as soon as your award has ended.
- You must apply to three different eligible United Kingdom university courses and have received an unconditional offer from at least one of these universities by the deadline listed on the timeline of the application.
- You must have completed all the components of an undergraduate degree that will allow you to gain entry to a postgraduate program at a United Kingdom university by the time you submit your application.
Make sure that you meet the mandatory eligibility requirement to be qualified for Chevening Scholarship Debt Relief.
Document Requirement For Chevening Scholarship
To apply for the Chevening Scholarship, applicants must submit some important documents, which include:
- Two references (professional and academic)
- Copies of your degree certificate and academic transcript
- A brief biographical description of yourself
If you have been selected for a Chevening Scholarship on condition, you must submit these documents for you to remain in the process.
Countries Eligible For The Chevening Scholarship Debt Relief
Before you start applying for the Chevening Scholarship, you need to be aware of the countries that are eligible for the scholarship. Here are the countries eligible:
The countries listed above are eligible for Chevening Scholarship Debt Relief.
How To Apply For Chevening Scholarship Debt Relief
After meeting all the requirements for Chevening Scholarship Debt Relief, the next step is to apply for the loan. The step below shows the process of applying for a Chevening Scholarship:
- Apply to a university in the United Kingdom for a master’s degree in your field of interest.
- Apply for your Chevening Scholarship in August by using the Online Application System (OAS).
- Fill out all the questions in the application, with every answer being 100 to 500 words long and also in English.
- Submit the scanned copies of your documents, which include transcripts, passports, and offer letters, along with your references. Make sure that all your documents are submitted online by the deadline and are also in the required format.
As soon as you have submitted your applications, they will go through an electronic sift against their eligibility criteria. Any application that is not eligible will be removed from the selection process.
Chevening Scholarship Debt Relief Application Timeline
The timeline for the Chevening Scholarship application takes around 8 months to complete. It might not take this long, but with lots of applicants, there is a little bit of delay.
The application starts in August and then ends in September of the following year. Here is a detailed explanation of the timeline:
- Early August: Applications are being accepted.
- Early November: Applications close.
- November to December: Applications are reviewed.
- February: Applicants are shortlisted for interviews.
- February to April: Deadline to send all the important documents and reference letters
- February to April: Interviews are also scheduled at the same time.
- June: The results are declared.
- Mid-July: Deadline to send in an offer letter for a university
- September to October: Courses begin.
The above-mentioned timeline shows the application timeline for the Chevening Scholarship Debt Relief.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Only Apply To A Chevening Partner University?
Even if you don’t apply to one of these universities, you are still qualified for this postgraduate scholarship.
The perk of applying to a partner university is that you will have more networking opportunities. The amount of funding you will receive will be the same, regardless of the university.
How Much Is the Chevening Scholarship Worth?
The Chevening Scholarship offers the chosen candidate an award to study for an MBA. The amount that you will get for the tuition fee is totaled 22,000 euros.
Is Chevening Scholarship Only For Masters Program?
Yes, it is. The Chevening Scholarship is only available for master’s degrees.