Corrlinks is a privately owned company that controls the Trust Fund Limited inmate Computer System TRULINCS. The communication system used by the United States Federal Bureau of Prisons allows inmates to interact with the outside world.
Corrlinks is a secure platform that’s been set up to enable inmates to connect with the outside world. This is to enable some forms of security between the person inmate and the outside world.
TRULINCS has a standard fee that inmates must pay in order to gain access to communication with the outside world. This is unlike other networking sites. This service provides direct email access to the inmates. Inmates must pay $0.05 per minute to operate this system.
They are permitted to print email messages at a cost of $0.15 per page in some prisons inmates’ fees start at 12 cents per hour. Sending a message can cost up to $0.30. This service is also available in some state penitentiaries.
How Corrlinks Web Portal Works
Federal inmates whose crimes are related to the use of computers in any manner may be barred from using this service. Corrlinks does not give inmates access to the internet. This is more like a third party that oversees every piece of information before it goes out.
- All incoming and outgoing emails are being monitored at all times.
- Emails are limited to 13,000 characters excluding attachments.
- Attachments sometimes corrupt the message and will be removed.
- The system makes sure that the content of the email does not jeopardize the safety of the public and their security.
This service seems to have come into being when the United States Bureau of Prisons switched from what was previously known as federal prison email. This service is a result of the joint association between correctional institutions and a private service provider known as Advanced Technologies Group (ATG).
How to Send Email on Corrlinks
Corrlinks have created a pathway between the outside world and inside the cells of a prison. It has made a connection so that inmates can keep track of their families. Without missing out on any part of their life, especially those with infants. Corrlinks have helped reduce the degree of agoraphobia (i.e. the fear of being away from home or the fear of public places).
- Visit the cufflinks website which is www.corrlinks.com which is the default URL.
- Create an account if you don’t have one by clicking on the register icon.
- Then add the inmates they wish to interact with.
- Once they are registered they have to be verified and then enter their visa or MasterCard information for payment.
You can always login into your account when you enter your login details and click on the login in icon. Note that Login is basically for returning users who have created an account on this platform.
Types of Prisons in Which the Service is Available
The Corrlinks email service is available in most federal prisons under the Bureau of Prisons (BOP). There are also state prisons that provide access to corrlinks to their inmates, at a fee.