How To Cook Nigerian Stew- If you are interested in learning how to cook stew, then this article has detailed information that can help you with that. One of the most popular recipes out there is the rich tomato Nigerian stew.
This particular dish is rich as mentioned and highly nutritional and very easy to make, even if you don’t know the steps. Furthermore, making a stew can help you make a dish with various other foods as well.
You can use the stew to eat various meals like yam, rice, potatoes, beans, pasta, and so on. There are easy steps that you can follow to make a delicious stew that suits your taste and can be served with other meals as well.
What Are The Ingredients To Make A Stew?
There are various recipes on the list that can be used to make a nice, delicious stew. You can choose to add some more or subtract some ingredients as well. It all depends on your taste preferences and what you like and don’t. Anyways, most of the ingredients needed include:
- Rosemary or thyme
- 2 IBS Beef
- Bay leaf
- Curry powder
- Chicken bouillon powder or 2 cubes
- Salt to taste
- Palm oil
- Olive oil or vegetable oil
- Tomato paste
- Beef stock (The liquid used for cooking the beef)
Step-By-Step Guide On How To Cook Nigerian Stew
To get working on making the tastiest and most delicious stew you want, let’s get started on the steps to take:
- Begin by trimming off excess fat from the meat. Rinse it a couple of times until the water is clear
- Put the beef in a pot and start adding your diced onion, curry powder, bay leaf, bouillon powder, and salt
- Mix it well, cover the pot, and leave it to cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the water, stir the mixture, and continue to cook on medium heat for 20 more minutes.
- You can stop when the meat is tender
- Once the meat is fully cooked, separate the meat from the stock using a sieve. Keep the stock though
- Now, blend the onions, tomatoes, peppers, garlic, tomato paste, and ginger
- In another large pot, add the cooking oil while it’s on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, but it’s not smoking, add the diced onions and cook for about 3 minutes
- Proceed to add the blended mixture into the pot. Stir it, cover the pot, and leave it to cook for about 10 minutes. Keep stirring the mixture on fire to avoid burning
- Now, add in the beef stock, curry powder, thyme, and bouillon. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes while it’s on medium heat.
- Next, add in your cooked beef, salt for the taste, and stir
- Cover the pot and leave it to simmer on low heat for an extra 5 minutes or until the stew has thickened to how you like it.
- Put it down when it is done to your preferences
Now that your stew is perfectly cooked, you can start serving with whatever dish you fancy. You can serve it on your white rice, pasta, and so on. You can add fresh parsley on top if you want something different.
Also Read: Food With High Calories in Nigeria