How do I start Using Google Mail? If you are new to the world of Gmail and you are ready to take advantage of all it has to offer, then you need to learn how to use the platform. This article will tell you everything on how to start using Google Mail. Learning how to use Google Mail can enable you to discover tons of features and benefits offered by Gmail.
In the meantime, Google Mail, popularly known as Gmail, is one of the world’s best email software recognized today. It is an email service that is operated by Google and is merged with other services. The other services Gmail has integrated with include Google Drive, YouTube, and Google Docs.
In addition, Gmail has many more awesome tools that help makes messaging, work, and personal activities more convenient and easier. You are also equipped with many abilities such as the kind to create multiple email accounts in a single account. If you are new to email and you are unsure, selecting Google Mail could very well be your best choice.
Is The Google Mail Free?
Google Mail is completely free to sign up for and use. Here are no hidden fees and you can use this for your activities for as long as necessary. Also, you get to send and receive as many emails as you want as there are no maximum limits that you have to worry about. It cost absolutely no money to create and use Gmail.
Features Of The Google Mail
Gmail is an essential tool that can be used for all daily and work-related activities. Either for your business or personal use, Gmail has tons of features that are of great advantage. Here are some of the features of Google Mail:
You can store up to 15GB of email messages in your Gmail account alone. This doesn’t incur any charge at all and you get a great deal of storage mass. However, if you wish to expand your storage capacity, you can purchase additional space for a monthly fee.
It is very reliable
Gmail is an email software that millions of people can vouch for. It is steady and reliable. There are very few cases of the Gmail account going down. This is a great feature to have for your business in case of reliability.
It is quite customizable
If you wish to enhance your custom theme, you can customize the Gmail interface with pre-existing themes or themes of your choice. You can even create new themes for yourself to enhance your taste.
Virus and Spam Checking
Virus and spam-checking are features that are included in your Gmail account with no hidden fees. These features help you sort through any suspected spam messages and messages that could contain viruses. They take it down to the Spam label automatically and you will see a warning before you open it.
This allows you to group all emails that are work-related in a more convenient style. This feature is more helpful for keeping all your work emails together.
This feature is so much more helpful if you are a small business owner. This allows you to create more than one email account. Furthermore, it will be easier for you to check them all at once without stress. You can even group all of them in a single Gmail account.
It increases productivity
Another feature that comes with Google Mail is its tasks To-Do list. You can operate this list from your Gmail and Calendar as well. With this feature, you can lay down tasks you wish to perform later and easily access them with ease.
Gmail is a user-friendly app and it is wholesome for various reasons. As a Gmail user, you can easily save more time by creating keyboard shortcuts.
Search and Filter
Google Mail also has great filter tools that can help you sort messages as soon as you receive them. With the search function, you can easily find all the misplaced emails you wish to recover.
These are some of the best features and advantages that Google Mail has and can be used to their fullest potential. You can check out the next outline for steps on how to start using Google Mail.
How Do I Start Using Google Mail?
Before you can harness all the features, advantages, and usefulness of Google Mail, you have to begin by signing up for one. So, here’s how to sign up for a Google Mail account:
- Go to Gmail.com on your web browser and click on Create account
- Select the option Use another account at the bottom of the screen
- Choose to Create account > For myself
- Enter your first name, last name, a username you want for Gmail, and a password
- You will be asked to reconfirm the password by retyping what you chose as your password
- Once done filling in all required documents, click on Next
- Read all Google’s Privacy information and then select I agree
- Once you have down that, you will be taken to your newly created Gmail inbox. You will also see a message from Google in your inbox that will contain very important information about Gmail.
Now, you have successfully created and signed up for a Google Mail account. You can begin using all its features without any charges or hidden fees.
RECOMMENDED >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Open New Gmail Account
How To Use Google Mail
Now that your Gmail account has been successfully created, you can now start using Google Mail for all it has to offer. Here’s how to use Google Mail:
- If you want to send a new message, simply click on the Compose option and start writing your messages to send. Ensure you fill in the Subject tab at the point of your message.
- You can tap the Star icon when you see the next message to mark it as important. This helps groups special messages from random messages.
- If you want to see all your important messages, scroll down the left side menu and click the Important option. Here, you can view all-starred messages.
- If you want to remove messages from your inbox, you only have to choose the empty checkbox you see next to the message. Next, you will select the Archive option or Delete option. The Archive can be found as a folder with a downward arrow and the Delete option is the trashcan icon.
- When you delete a Gmail message, it doesn’t really disappear from the software. To permanently erase them, you will select the Trash option seen from the left pane. This opens up to reveal trash you have deleted but want permanently erased. Click on Empty Trash now.
- If you want to sign out of Gmail, you can select your profile icon seen in the top right corner of the screen. Select the option Sign out.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Is Safe Email Safe on Google Mail?
Email messaging is still very much in use because there are other ways of sending messages. You must keep your account safe from unauthorized users. Spamming is now another way other users can get access to your account by sending solicited emails with links. Once you click on that link this user can get access to your account.
This is why you have to be very careful not to fall for their tricks. You can make use of the Gmail spam report section once you notice any solicited email has been sent to your Gmail Inbox. By reporting that email as spam you are actually stopping the users from sending you an email. That way you will stop receiving emails from that sender.
How do I Report Gmail Spam?
To go about this task is very easy. If fact, Gmail makes it so easy that you do not have to worry about spam messages. And this is one of the amazing features of having a Gmail account. With that said, if by any chance you encounter a spam message, here is how to get rid of it:
- First, open your Gmail account inbox
- Locate the spam message
- Then check the box to the left of the email you
identified as a spam message
- Click the “spam” icon at the top of the menu.
Once that is done, it will send a spam report to the email you pick to Gmail. And with that, you do not have to worry about spam from that same sender ever again. This is very good for users to keep their accounts safe. There are lots of engining tricks that are used to get unauthorized access to other users’ accounts. It’s best good that you take note of every detail and emails you receive.
RECOMMENDED >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> How to Login to Google Mail